Time once again for "Five Things Friday"... since I always tend to ramble I love Five Things Friday. Makes my life a bit easier.. lol!
- Snow. I woke up to a crisp & cold -11c day along with a fresh layer of snow on the ground. Not a 'lot' of it, but enough to cover our yard, driveway, sidewalk, etc... *sigh* GO AWAY. People are outside clearing off their cars once again. We are sooo done with the snow here, it's now spring. We want sunny skies, green grass, easter bunnies, robins & beautiful flowers blooming everywhere. Not snow.
- Craft Fairs. I've been asked many times to take part in craft fairs but always seem to shy away from them. They're a lot of work before hand as you need to build up quite a large stock of items to have on hand, and usually the tables are crazy expensive. I was just asked to take part in another one, close to home in June with affordable tables and all money from tables going to an animal shelter. I *think* i'm going to go for it. I figure i'll build up a smaller stock of items that have an "under $20" pricetag along with a handful of my higher priced items and see how I do. It'll be my first one, and i'm 99.9% positive, I probably still won't start doing craft fairs, but I figure this way I can at least say "I tried".
- A Birthday! It's my besties birthday today (Happy Birthday, Michelle!!!) and I haven't started her gift yet.. oops! I have ordered her something (which will be late) and i'm waiting on another part of her gift as well. Good thing we're both usually never on time with each others gifts or this could be akward. ;) I told her that her gift was going to be late and her reply was, "Ummmm... we're never on time so why start now?" True. This is what makes her a best friend. lol! I'll share pics of what her gift is after she receives it... :)
- Sewing. I've been getting a fair amount of sewing done along with a few gifts sewn up and ready to send out as well! I'm hoping to have a couple of custom orders crossed off of my list over the weekend along with another gift i'd like to make. I'm trying to be more "intentional" with my sewing. I'd love to make more gifts, things for my friends & family, random giveaways, etc... even if I planned on making 1 gift item every week or every 2 weeks. That would make me happy and the receiver happy as well I think! I also have my big, scrappy rainbow quilt that i've had the top done and the bottom/binding fabrics purchased and sitting in my bin forever & a day. I need to just "get it done" already!! lol! I think it's been 1 1/2 years that i've had the top done? Shameful. It's soo pretty too... it should be done so it can be loved!
- Hyrdo rates are going UP once AGAIN. I read on FB yesterday that hydro users can expect to spend, on average, an extra $120 per year on hydro starting in due to the government's elimination of the province's Clean Energy Benefit. Ontario's hydro rates are higher than any other region in North America. I can't help but feel that we're being robbed. Gotta love the Liberals. NOT. In part we moved to save some costs, it's not working, not really. We are happier here however, and my asthma hasn't bothered me so much as even once, so that's a good thing. But the bills, etc... still high and keep going up regardless of what I do to try to keep rates lower. It's hard to keep up with everything continually going up except pay rates... food costs are brutal as well. 5-7% they said by years end, I think we've already seen that! I paid almost $5.00 for a head of cauliflower yesterday! #cantwin.
And those my friends, are my 5 things for Friday!
What are your "Five Things Friday"?