My cat's days are always simple... she knows how it's done. ;) Mine lately, not so much. Today even though it's Sunday and I would absolutely LOVE to relax and rest, I have too much sitting on my "to do" list to take a day "off". So as per the rest of the week, i'll be plugging away at my "to do" list again.
Below is the massive pile of stuff we donated... along with another smaller pile on the other side of the door. So we really did get rid of a TONNE!! We pretty much cleared out our basement and will be moving FAR less with us in a few weeks!
After our donation went off with the Diabetes Clothesline Program it appears that we really don't have all that much "junk" to get rid of afterall.
Any random garbage i'll get rid of over the next couple garbage nights with recycling & garbage before we move. And in general junk movers take metal, aluminum, etc... for free. So... I cancelled our moving guys, (ONLY for our junk removal needs, they'll still be moving us!) and have someone coming from Kijiji tomorrow morning to pick up all of our metal junk and some other random junk around the house for a tidy sum of $10.00!!
The junk guys we had scheduled to pick up our junk at the end of the week charged a minimum of $75.00 and the max of $250.00 and I know we'd be well over that low end mark with our pile of metal stuff alone, I was expecting to be in the 150-200 range (ouch!) which is now getting hauled away for free. I know junkers just sell the scrap metal but i'm absolutely A-ok with that as long as I don't have to deal with it. lol! So... i've saved myself a small fortune on getting rid of junk!
Today I have Dallas' computer desk getting dropped off shortly after noon & someone picking up a crock-pot i'm selling. The $50.00 for Dallas' computer desk I made from selling stuff around the house & some key fobs. So that's completed paid for from 'extra' funds!
On my "to do" list for the day:
- Sew. I have a few items on my list that i'd like to complete before we get our moving bins next Saturday. So my hopes is to complete at least 1 item today.
- Laundry. I need to get another 2-3 loads done today.
- Go through the back room and get rid of the rest of the junk. There's not much left back there, so I need to sort junk from "recycling" and get that back room done and over with!
- Search online for area rugs. I need one for our living room and one for the girls room. Any idea where to get nice ones that won't break the bank?
- See if I can find an end table to match our coffee table. Hmmm....
- Search online for lamps. I need a floor lamp & a table lamp. Would like to find a few options & watch for sales over the next few weeks.
- Take photos of fridge & washing machine to sell. No idea how to do this as we need to use them right up until we move. Thinking this is going to be a major pain. *sigh*
And I think that's about it for today. More or less. I'm probably missing stuff, but whatever... my brain is filled to the brim and it just can't possibly hold anymore. I didn't sleep well again last night, so it's going to be a heavy coffee day I think! I'm so sorry for posting sooo much about our move, but right now, it's all I have!
Well i'm off to make hubby breakfast and start my day! Enjoy your Sunday!!